Alexander McLeod is a values-led school where children and staff both model the high expectations and standards we aim to promote. We aim to create an environment where all children can flourish and grow.
At Alexander McLeod Primary School we believe that it is the duty of us all to improve our children’s learning every day. We believe we will be successful when our children are provided with the skills and knowledge to develop their independent learning in a safe and supportive environment which encourages them to take risks in their education.
With clear boundaries for behavior through our ‘behaviour steps’ approach, children are clear on expectations and feel safe in school. We nurture good behavior through planning and delivering engaging and challenging lessons and by building positive relationships with pupils.
Our learning is designed to provide children with ‘real life’ experiences where they feel their learning is relevant to their circumstances. We place a great emphasis on developing a love of learning and challenging all our pupils to become the best learners can be.
Throughout their time with us, we provide a range of opportunities – including peer mentoring, pupil collaboration for learning projects and a thriving Junior Leadership Team – to ensure that pupils are heard and know that their opinions are valued.
Our aims are to…
- To promote a fully inclusive community where everyone feels happy, safe and secure.
- To create an innovative curriculum that is creating, engaging and purposeful for all children set in a real life context.
- To ensure excellence permeates every aspect of school life
- To develop resilient learners who take risks and learn from their mistakes
- To ignite a lifelong thirst for learning.