Welcome to our Early Years - Reception Classes
The teachers in Reception are:
Miss Jazmine Dadzie-RD Mrs Alice Yates-RY Miss Emma Cole-RC
Year Group: Reception
Term: Summer 2
Our topic this half term is 'Mini-Beasts'. We will be doing lots of learning about different types of Minibeasts. To support and enhance what we do in school you could:
· look up different types of Minibeasts on the internet
· visit the library to look at books about Minibeast
· visit the local park to go on a Minibeast hunt
These are some of the stories we will be focusing on this half term:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Ahhh Spider by Lydia Monks
- The Beeman by Laurie Krebs and Valerie Cis
- If only by Neil Griffiths
- The Bad Tempered Ladybird by Eric Carle
- The Snail and The Whale by Julia Donaldson
- The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
In Mathematics we will be learning to solve problems, including doubling, halving and sharing. We will be developing and consolidating our knowledge of number and shape.
In Phonics lessons children will be learning to blend the sounds they know in longer words, for example, ladybird, caterpillar and butterfly.
We will also be learning some new tricky words.
Said, were, there, have, like, little, what when, were
We are learning to spell: are, you, all, they, some, one, come, said, do, was.